About Me

My photo
Resourceful, personable and dedicated progressive advocate adept at skillfully using privileges to make space for marginalized groups. Established organizer renowned for distinguished performance as an employee, volunteer, activist and consultant. Ability to leverage engaging communication skills to build lasting relationships with community partners, fostering growth and strengthening an organization’s reputation. Natural relationship-builder recognized for effective leadership across diverse communities, serving gracefully under pressure in complex circumstances. Jackie L. Craig, M.S. Ed. - Counselor Education

Friday, February 3, 2012

Blogging Maiden Voyage


Hello blogging companions. I am a Twin Cities mom of two who has been working part-time from my home on various non-profit consulting gigs for the past several years. I left my full time employment with an awesome Twin Cities non-profit after having my first child seven years ago and have stayed involved in the non-profit world mostly working from home and volunteering my time in our community. My background is full of career counseling and non-profit project management and I am itching to connect with those who could use some sound advice from someone who will be honest with them.

Here’s some history - Ever since I was in high school people would come to me for advice. I have often hoped this lasting pattern in my life had something to do with me being approachable, but it seems the more simple explanation is that people can count on me to be honest in the advice and feedback I give them. I have been working on being more delicate in the manner in which I put my thoughts out there without straying from what is genuine and truthful. Please wish me luck!

I have decided to publish a blog offering support and honest advice to those who are interested. I hope you are one of those people.

Peace to you and yours - Jackie